Image Map

Friday 15 May 2015

TGIF popcorn spelling

Teachers Get Inspired Friday
Hi there my lovelies- how has your week been? 
It's been a while since I shared a TGIFspin with you as I have been loving Doodlebugs 5 for Friday link-ups lately- have you linked up this week? 

So let's talk popcorn- I love it! It's soft yet crunchy, salty yet sweet, nice yet not too naughty and nowadays you can purchase cute retro tubs for less than a £1 (under a $1) just to add a little somethin', somethin' to the experience. I have 2 such tubs in my cupboard and spotted some more in the local cheap shop. I have been desperate to use them in class but wasn't sure how to. 

 I had a little nosey on TpT and pinterest (as you do when you're a teacher, in bed, half asleep with the never ending list on repeat in your mind!) and I saw some lovely spelling activities using a popcorn theme. Now, my kiddie-winks are quite motivated when it comes to practising and learning their spelling but I know as well as the next teacher that you have to keep it fresh if you want to keep it that way.

Over on TpT I found a cute freebie spelling practise sheet here at Samblanet's Smarties and High Frequency words on popcorn pieces here at Mrs D's Corner. I know these were freebies but I still left feedback- they are amazing resources which these sellers have very kindly made free and, although I won't earn any TpT credits for it, as a seller myself I know how much I love feedback, even on my freebies! 

To top off my new activity pack I found some mega cute sunglasses in Primark- I bought 2 pairs for the little ones to wear as they test each other on their spellings. 

The finished Centre looks like this-

The kiddies take it in turns to pull a word from their tub, read it to their partner and their partner writes the word before they mark it together. This way they are practising reading sight words as well as spelling them. Plus they have an opportunity to work co-operatively with a friend. 
This has been THE most popular Centre this week! 
Who would have funked it- spelling tests, a popular activity! 

How do you jazz up your spelling/ word work? 
Until next time… 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a line Xx

Popular Posts

L. Paull Designs for All
Blog Design by L. Paull Designs for AllFonts by KGFonts