Image Map

Friday 16 January 2015

Five for Friday

Put your hands up in the air…put your hands up in the air…it's Friday people!!
I have had an awesome week how about you? I thought I would link up with the lovely Kacey over at Doodle Bugs to share with you all of the highs from class 2T this week…
In at numero uno is the amazing snow dancing!!! Just as we were about to sit down to our BIGwrite one of my lovely little ones spotted that it had begun to snow- knowing full well that at 6 and 7 there is no way you are going to concentrate on your work when it is snowing outside and that at 33 all you want to do is catch snow flakes on your tongue when it's snowing outside, I declared that we should down pencils and head out to run and dance in the falling snow for a couple of minutes- no coats because we are hard northerners and hey… life's too short right?! AH…MA…ZING!!! 
Do you use Accelerated Reader in your school? Well we started using it this school year and it has taken me a while to embed the whole 'read a book, do the quiz, earn points' ethos into my year 2s as they have either abandoned doing the quiz altogether or whizzed through their book in order to do the quiz and totally failed as they've not taken the content in but it has all changed this week! I don't know if it was the Christmas break, the weather or what but suddenly is has sunk in that if you actually read the book and pay attention to it then you are more able to answer questions and thus earn points and that your chances of earning said points are significantly heightened if you actually do the quiz!!! Woohoo- we have lift-off!!!
It might not seem like such a big deal but this week I created my first 'Bundle' item for my TPT store- I think it's pretty good value for money as you get 3 products which, if bought separately, would total $5.50 for just $4!! I love saving money and I'm sure you do too so why not head over to my store to check out my Math 'Problem Solving Mnemonics Bundle'… 
We started our first week of Space Camp this week and it rocks!!! The kids were so excited to take each others measurements and then use them to create their very own space suits- using and applying at its best! 
                       
Do you want to know a secret? 
Tomorrow I get to keep one of my New Year's blog-olutions and take part in my very first bloghop! 
I'm linking up with Mrs McClain for the super duper 'You Oughta Know' 
So be sure to check back tomorrow for my post and links to other wonderful bloggers to get the low-down on just what you oughta know! 

It's been a smile of a week for me- how has yours been? Link up with your Five for Friday now and let us all know!

Until tomorrow 
(because I know you WILL be back for that blog-hop)



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the space suits! That looks like they had a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a headache that's for sure but the kids loved it! X

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a line Xx

Popular Posts

L. Paull Designs for All
Blog Design by L. Paull Designs for AllFonts by KGFonts