Image Map

Friday 5 December 2014

A (very out of date) week of thankfulness…contd.

So…I've been rather slacking in my blogging efforts this week! Ooops!
I'm sure I don't need to explain to all of my fellow 'Super Teachers' out there just how school and home life can become jam-packed and hectic at this time of year but for those of you who are wondering here is a quick run-through of my last 10 days… numerous Christmas play rehearsals, 2 student teachers to observe, support and meet with, organising and going on a class trip to the Santa Express, getting ready for assessment week and the marking that goes with it, organising and delivering a staff meeting, updating policies, cleaning my house from top to bottom, going on an ace girlie weekend trip away, working through the never ending Christmas gift list, collecting items for my SLANTbox partner, decorating the Christmas tree and getting ready for family who are visiting this weekend…oh and just the general teaching and living part of it!!! 

So tonight you lucky people will be subjected to some 'catch-up' blogging action beginning with finishing off my week of thankfulness link-up with Blog Hoppin' 

Over the past few years it has become more and more apparent to me just how lucky I am to live in a beautiful home. My husband and I were unlucky enough to live in a cute little cottage which fell victim to environmental flooding twice in the space of 2 and a half years! We lost many of our possessions and had to move into rented accommodation for months at a time. We eventually move to a house on a hill and can now rest easy whenever it rains! Over the past year I have also sold the house I inherited when my Mother passed away 5 years ago- my home. All of this has lead me to realise that home truly is where you make it and who you share it with- the memories and emotions that tether you to a home still remain even when the location changes.
Is there really anything better than curling up with a good book? Reading is soooo good for the soul! My favourite books include..The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant, The Shaddow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon and I heart New York by Lindsey Kelk.
I am lucky enough to have a beautiful niece and several gorgeous nephews who light up every moment I spend with them- I don't have any of my own children yet but these gorgeous dudes are truly a blessing. I love how inquisitive and honest children are- especially when you are family! Plus, no-one can spoil a kid the way an Auntie can!
Manners cost nothing and a smile goes a long way but 1 small act of kindness can change a person's whole day! Helping to carry a bag for someone, offering the person in front of you the 10p they are short by, complimenting someone when you know they have worked hard on something…small acts, huge impacts!
I know us British can moan but really… how amazing are the seasons! I love the dependability of them and how amazing it is to watch the world around you change! I mean… sandals, vests and no cardy, skirts and no tights and then BAM scarfs, hats, gloves!! I would hate to live somewhere that was unfortunate enough to have sun all year round..honest!!











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave a line Xx

Popular Posts

L. Paull Designs for All
Blog Design by L. Paull Designs for AllFonts by KGFonts